Engaging DAObox vs Self-Formation
While it’s true that any DAO requires a legal vehicle to appropriately structure and manage its assets and operations, in most cases, neither the project founders nor multisig controllers want to hold managerial positions at such legal entities.
DAObox provides a solution by founding the legal entity and expertly managing its operations, all for as long as the DAO requires our services. DAObox effectively substitutes other service providers and professionals that a DAO would typically require, resulting in substantial annual savings in payroll and expenses. Furthermore, our service saves significant time, potentially spanning months or even quarters, which would have been spent in the search and retention of qualified managers or C-level executives.
An essential factor to consider is decentralization – entrusting the responsibility of managing the legal wrapper to a third-party contributor like DAObox avoids creating a point of centralization, as would occur if the core team or a group of affiliates were in charge.
DAObox as a Service is a full-service package that covers all critical aspects of establishing and operating a DAO legal wrapper, which makes DAObox a one-stop DAO structuring solution. Our goal is to equip a DAO with everything necessary for a fully operational legal wrapper, eliminating the need to engage any additional third-party service providers or contributors.
- Representation: DAObox represents the legal wrapper and acts on its behalf, dealing with the legal formalities and ensuring seamless operations.
- Legal Wrapper Support: We facilitate the legal structure and keep it in good standing, making sure that all applicable corporate and other requirements are met.
- Operational Management: We handle the daily operations of the legal wrapper and act as both de facto and de jure directors and managers of the structure – with DAObox, the wrapper gets a team of dedicated managers starting from day one.
- Asset Management and Protection: DAObox manages the assets and intellectual property of the legal wrapper, including crucial IP, trademarks and domain names. We go a step further by offering legal protection for these assets, both against any possible infringement or hostile activities.
- Paperwork Management: We handle all essential paperwork associated with the legal wrapper, including the execution of agreements and legal instruments.
- Contributor Management: Our responsibilities include engaging and managing the contributors, service providers and auditors.
- Service and Infrastructure Management: DAObox manages the major services, subscriptions, and technical infrastructure utilised in connection with the project.
- Fiat Accounts Management: DAObox facilitates and manages fiat accounts for the legal wrapper, which includes making fiat payments.
- Grant Programs Management: DAO grant programs can be realised via the legal wrapper, ensuring they are legally structured and properly administered.
- Business Correspondence: We handle all business correspondence and act as the main point of contact with respect to the DAO legal wrapper.
- Guidance on Wrapper-Related Matters: We guide the DAO on all matters related to the legal wrapper, helping its members navigate any potential obstacles and better understand how things work.
- Reporting: We take responsibility for comprehensive reporting, ensuring transparency and accountability.